The Northshore school District runs a 1:1 policy for student devices. Every Woodmoor Elementary student has access to a computing device. 2nd - 5th graders are assigned a Chromebook set (device, charger and protective carry bag) that they transport between school and home. Kindergarten and 1st graders use iPads that are stored in a class cart. Students use these devices for research and learning in math, science, social studies, and language arts, as well as digital citizenship, keyboarding skills and coding.
The purpose of the Northshore School District Responsible Use Procedures is to provide rules, guidelines, personal safety recommendations and the code of conduct for the use of technology, the District network and other connected networks including the Internet.
This Responsible Use Procedure (RUP) applies to staff, students and guests who utilize:
- District-owned technology on the NSD network, on non-school networks and offline
- Non-District technology, including privately-owned technology that is connected to the NSD network, or using non-district networks while on school property.
For more information, see NSD's Internet Safety and Citizenship.
Remember these rules when on the Internet:
- If you have any questions or concerns about a website please talk to a teacher or parent.
- Do not give out any personal information.
- Do not send or receive any emails.
- Do not sign up for any website clubs at school.
- Do not visit inappropriate sites.