Northshore Learns Webpage: https://www.nsd.org/northshorelearns
Remote Learning Expectation: Netiquette & Digital Citizenship
"Netiquette" refers to Internet etiquette. This simply means the use of good manners in online communication such as e-mail, forums, blogs, and social networking sites to name a few. It is important to use netiquette because some communication online is non-verbal.
Students must abide by the expectations outlined in Northshore’s Responsible Use ProcedurePDF Download. Students who utilize google classrooms, email, and other online tools need to be respectful of their teacher(s) and classmates. This includes but is not limited to:
- Respectful behavior and language.
- Appropriate topic discussions.
- Appropriate video transmissions.
- Appropriate icon, emoji, and avatar submissions.
- School appropriate clothing (if attending meetings via video)
- Not plagiarizing or copying others’ work (academic integrity).
- Not falsifying information about themselves or impersonating others online.